Intro to Culinary Art | Grades 1 - 3 | Week 3
Calling all campers with an interest in food and cooking who enjoy learning to prepare exciting dishes that can be replicated at home. Our junior chefs will be educated on kitchen safety, basic cooking and preparation techniques, garnish and presentation execution and culinary artistry. Chef Budd Cohen will expose them to some primary food history, food chemistry, farming techniques and nutrition basics.
- Day one will focus on kitchen practices, food principles and regional cuisines.
- Days two, three and four they will prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner items in progressive order.
- Day five our junior chefs will make a tasting menu to enjoy with parents, friends and guests at a mid-day soirée.
All campers will take home recipes and an apron to show off their skills to friends and family!
Camp hours: 8:30am - 3:30pm
- Early Birds: 7:30am - 8:30am ($5/day)
- After Camp - 3:30pm - 6:00pm ($25/day or $100 for the week)
Lunch is FREE for Into to Culinary Arts. Snack is also provided.