Culinary Art: Farm to Table | Grades 6 - 8 | Week 7
Middle School campers have some good appetites and if they have a appetite for cooking, entertaining, farming and food this is the camp for them. Chef Budd Cohen will take them on a culinary journey that will include learning to cook international dishes as well as American favorites with a focus on local farm direct ingredients.
We will study kitchen safety, basic cooking and preparation techniques, garnish and presentation execution and culinary artistry.
- Day one will focus on food principles, regional cuisines and a farm to table approach.
- Day two we will take a farm to table field trip where are our students will prepare a farm fresh just picked menu in the field.
- Days three and four our junior chefs will learn to prepare dishes from around the world including fare from the far East, Mediterranean, The Americas and Northern Europe.
- Day five our junior chefs will make a tasting menu to enjoy with parents, friends and guests at a mid-day soirée.
All campers will take home recipes and an apron to show off their skills to friends and family! Cost
: $495Camp hours:
8:30am - 3:30pm
- Early Birds: 7:30am - 8:30am ($5/day)
- After Camp - 3:30pm - 6:00pm ($25/day or $100 for the week)Lunch
for Cooking. Snack is also provided.REGISTER HERE.